TITLE OF POSITION: Vice President of Advancement
DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE TO: President
CONTACT PERIOD: Work Agreement July 1 – June 30
EDUCATIONAL/ EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred. Prior experience.
HOURS OF WORK: Full-time
The Vice President for Advancement at Roncalli Catholic High school is responsible for designing and implementing comprehensive advancement programs focused toward the ultimate goal of significantly increasing constituent involvement and development. The primary function of the Vice President for Advancement is the cultivation and acquisition of major gifts to sustain, advance and endow Roncalli Catholic High School. The Vice President for advancement will be the organizational and participatory driver of the major gift calling.
The Vice President of Advancement works closely with the President, Annual Fund/Events Director, Communications Coordinator, Admissions Director, Database Specialist and the Development Committee of the Board of Education. The Vice President serves as an advisor to the President on matters affecting the institution. The Vice President of Advancement ensures that development activities are prioritized and focused to achieve the maximum success. Primary duties and responsibilities are outlined below.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Crafts a vision for the advancement program appropriate to the institution.
- Oversees the establishment of policy and protocol on all issues pertaining to the advancement program.
- Prepares, with the assistance of staff, an annual plan for advancement which includes goals, action items and budget.
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits and closes mid-level and major gifts. Maintains an active pool of prospects in these categories. Conducts regular face-to-face visits with prospects.
- Assists in the hiring of all advancement staff. Directs the organization and management of the comprehensive advancement program through supervision of advancement staff.
- Works closely with the Board, both through the Development Committee and by providing support for individual Board members who are assigned to major gift prospects, for the purpose of cultivation and solicitation.
- Works with volunteer groups related to fund development.
- Advises the President on all issues pertaining to the advancement program, as well as the gift prospects to which the President is assigned.
- Represents Roncalli Catholic High School at required meetings, activities and public events.
- Works with President and Business Manager to project the annual budget required to implement the annual development plan. Monitors budget.
- Directs, manages and supervises staff and assumes management of all events.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
The successful candidate with demonstrate knowledge of:
- General principles, practices and procedures of development.
- Sources of foundation/corporate funds and procedures for securing them.
- How to work collaboratively with others.
- Writing and other communication skills.
- How to manage/direct major fundraising events.
- Supervision, management and teamwork skills.
- Practices and principles of public relations.
- General principles and practices of accounting and finance.
- Theory and practice of Planned Giving.
- Raiser’s Edge, Google suite and Microsoft suite.
- Utilizing social media and website development.
- Must have the ability to cultivate relationships with families. Other important characteristics include a strong work ethic, competitive nature, personal integrity, emotional intelligence, excellent communication skills, strategic thinking and planning skills, and a call to Catholic education.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary negotiable and commensurate with experience and education.
- Medical benefits as offered to staff through the Archdiocese of Omaha.
- Pension plan.
- 403B plans available.