At Roncalli Catholic, we work as a community to prepare our students for college, with support and rigorous academic opportunities, as well as to live their faith on the journey of life. In fact, our mission is to prepare young women and men to meet life’s challenges and opportunities with wisdom, courage and faith.
Our student to teacher ratio of 15:1 allows our faculty to provide the learning environment and necessary resources for our students to succeed. Roncalli Catholic offers rigorous college preparatory courses as well as a challenging and results-oriented ACT prep course. As a matter of fact, we have had students achieve perfect 36 ACT scores.
At Roncalli Catholic, we believe that Courage develops and grows when our students push themselves to try new things, such as playing on a team, trying out for a school production or joining a club. All incoming freshmen are required to join the rest of the RCHS family and develop their Courage by joining a team or club, a great way to get involved and see where their interests take them. We offer every Varsity athletic program sanctioned by the Nebraska High School Athletic Association as well as various groups and clubs. In fact, Roncalli Catholic’s athletic facilities are among the most comprehensive of any school in the metro area.
Our students come from 40+ elementary schools, churches and parishes; approximately 20% are of a faith other than Catholic and 25% are of diverse ethnic background. We are brought together by our shared desire to honor God and our values. Daily Masses and prayer services keep our faith at the forefront of the learning experience.
At Roncalli Catholic, our students are also encouraged to live their faith by participating in community service. Last year our students completed more than 9,800 community service hours (an average of 25 hours per student), learning what it means to truly live their faith in service to others.
Ongoing improvements allow us to offer our students a safe, beautiful campus all while keeping up with the latest technologies. In the past couple of years we have completed the following campus improvement projects:
- A brand new, cutting-edge STEAM lab, providing our students with hands-on learning opportunities in Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math
- Our 4,000 sq. Gustafson Center, a learning and media center, featuring wireless and hardwired interactive technology and collaborative work areas with a collegiate feel
- Renovated Notre Dame Auditorium, which serves as the stage for our performing arts as well as our All-School Masses and special assemblies
- On-campus Rummel football stadium, complete with press box and concession stand
- Six-line competition-grade track
- An award-winning parking lot, with handicap and preferred access visitor parking
- Updated technology in all classrooms, including Smart boards and a 1:1 technology initiative that arms all students and teachers with iPads.
In closing, I welcome you to Roncalli Catholic High School’s web page. I invite you to also visit our campus so that you can see first-hand all that our school has to offer. Please contact us at 402-571-7670 to set up your visit today.
Roncalli Catholic High School